Tuesday, October 16, 2012

31 Days of Fit - Work It Out



I don't know about you, but I am sitting probably 90% of my day. I get up, sit on the train. Walk to work, sit at a desk. Leave work, sit on the train. Get home, sit on the couch. And then go to bed. I don't do a lot more than sit for extended periods of time every day.

The problem is, I really can't get around most of this sitting. I could stand on the train, but other than that, I am stuck. So how do I put my sitting to work?

I, like many more before me, have asked this question and come to the same answer. A ball. I can sit on a ball at work, which improves your core strength and I can sit on a ball at home for the same reasons. And while I am sitting at home, instead of being on the computer, I could have hand weights or a weighted medicine ball in my hands.

So if there is a not-so-healthy thing you have to do, switch it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment