Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days of Fit - Be Prepared



I don't know about you, but the hardest part of eating healthy is that i don't stay full for very long. And when I am hungry and unprepared, I tend to turn to the vending machine. Baaaad idea. There is nothing good to eat in a vending machine. So the key is to be prepared.

One meal that leaves me hungry is a salad. As good for you as lettuce and vegetables are, they don't keep me very full. I try to be combat this by adding things that Weight Watchers calls "Power Foods". Power Foods are foods that are high in protein and fiber, that are naturally more inclined to keep you feeling full longer. If you are someone that feels hunger strongly , like me, these are your best weapon. If you are one of those people that never feel hungry, we can't be friends.

Just kidding, but I still kinda hate you. ;)

Some popular Power Foods are eggs, chicken, lean deli meats (like ham and turkey) most fruits and veggies (tho those don't always help me) most notably Bananas, popcorn and lots more. So it is always a good thing to include these in your meal plans to keep you full.

Other great things are low fat Pretzels, low fat cheese and whole wheat bread.

The most important thing to remember is to always be prepared for hunger!

No comments:

Post a Comment