Thursday, October 25, 2012

31 Days of Fit- Halloween Goodies

Wait a second.... Shouldn't I be done with this after yesterday's eloquent farewell post? Well apparently I suck at quitting. Actually I don't suck at quitting, I could have quit right there. But here is the awesome part. I have a pretty amazing support system, something I highly recommend if you plan on succeeding at anything in life. My awesome cousin Kristen (the one I mentioned in the blog yesterday) kicked my ass and told me that things will be hard because life, marriages and especially weight loss, are all hard, and that it is easy to give up, but awesome to succeed. Pretty much failure is not an option.

So here I am to tell you I will keep on keeping on. It will be hard, it might suck, but it's 8 days and I can do anything for 8 days.


So back on topic. Halloween Goodies! This post will count for 31 days as well as the Halloween Series I am doing right now!  Halloween is right around the corner, and I image a lot of you are probably having parties this weekend. There are so many yummy things to eat this year that you hardly notice how many calories you are eating :/ Here are a few light, fun treats that wont leave you feeling deprived!

Carmel Apple Slices:


Carmel Apples are pretty synonymous with fall. But even tho the base of them are apples, Carmel apples aren't very healthy. But  there is a way. If you take apple slices and dip them into a low fat or sugar free carmel, and sprinkle with nuts, or mini chocolate chips, you get the taste and not nearly the calories. 


Low Cal Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread:


I have made this Pumpkin bread and it is amazing. Like woah. 

Cheesy Witches Fingers:


I have seen lots of different versions of these creepy treats, but I like this one the best. I have seen cookies, hot dogs and even pretzles, but I think String Cheese is the best idea yet! Still creepy, but such a yummy treat that is much better for you than cookies :)


So there you have it! You can be fit and eat halloween food too! Look at that! 





No comments:

Post a Comment