Tuesday, October 30, 2012

31 Days of Fit- Eat Some Candy

OMG its the last post! I thought this day would never come! Before we get to my summary of this whole blogging series, lets finish out the topic!


Holy cow its Halloween! If this isn't a holiday built around eating candy, I don't know what it is. If you have a sweet tooth, like I do, candy can be a challenge. My hardest challenge is both saying no, and stopping when it comes to candy. I can plow through a whole bag of mini Reeces cups like there nothing, leaving only an empty bag of foil balls and the last shreds of my will power behind. Ok I might be a little dramatic, but its kind of a problem.

So a big bag of your kids halloween candy might present itself as a huge challenge for you. My first tip is to walk away. Physically leave the candy in a different room for a minute and take a breath. Make the choice to only have 1 or 4 or however many you can allow yourself without the shame spiral that will follow. Then make a good candy choice. Yes, there really is such a thing. Not all candy is equal. Choose what will make you most satisfied, and eat it.

Here are the points for some popular Halloween candies


I am all about the more bang for your buck. My two favorites on this list are Skittles for 2 pts, and Tootsie Rolls for 4. You get so much more candy, and they are small pieces so they last longer, for your points! When I need a chocolate fix, you bet 13 mini tootsie rolls do the trick! Heck, 7 do the trick. 13 is a ton of toosies rolls!

So now you know what candy to eat, what do you do with the rest? Get rid of it. Seriously. Hiding it wont work. Even throwing it away inside wont work if you have no will power. I may or may not have  pulled disposed candy (still in its wrapper) out of the top of the trash can…. Raise your hand if I'm not alone…

Anyhoo, get it out! Take it to the trash outside, give it to a neighbor, donate it to the food bank, take it to work (but give it to someone who doesn't sit ANYWHERE near you)! Just get rid of it. Do it for you. 

Wow this has already turned into a long post, so come back tomorrow to see how I felt about the whole experience (tho I am sure you can guess).

No comments:

Post a Comment