Friday, September 21, 2012

Lets go!

So here we go. For the umpteenth time last time, I am starting Weight Watchers. I am determined to really succeed this time, and I know that I am ready to do this for me. No more excuses.

This time I am going to do things a little bit differently. I am going to post a picture of my weight tracker every week. I am also only going to take my picture every 10 lbs, rather than once a month. I think this will be a less arbitrary land-marker.

I guess lets start with my goals.

Starting weight: 272.2. My highest was 285.5, but I can't keep using that number as a measure of some sort of success that I have not really achieved. So I am starting over with all of my percentages.

1st goal- 5lbs. This goal is important for me to prove to myself that I really can succeed on this program, for the 3rd time.

2nd goal- 5% by 10/31. This is 13 lbs in 41 days. My two best friends and I looked at each other in a hot tub during a ladies weekend in Avon, CO and decided that it was time to make a real effort to change. Our friend N had admirable success on WW (in the time that I had quit) and she was inspiring both of us to get back on the wagon. The three of us are pledging to lose 5% in two months (from the date we decided this).

3rd goal- 25 lbs. I would like to lose 25 lbs by Christmas. If I really kick ass and meet this goal early, I will set a new Christmas goal.

4th goal- 10% by the new year. That is 27 lbs.

Thats as far as I am going to go. That is 15 weeks out to my latest goal, 16 from day 1. 16 weeks is a milestone for Weight Watchers. If you can stick with the program for 16 weeks, you get a charm, as a marker that you are on the right track. My last time on the program, I made it to 17 weeks before we moved.

SO here is to ringing in the new year at 245 or less!

No comments:

Post a Comment